Project "Five-o’clock Tea at the AWC"
The Academic Writing Center invites you to take part in our new project "Five-o’clock Tea at the AWC."
The project is a series of workshops, meetings, and discussions where over a cup of tea you can take part in an informal conversation on various topics with colleagues and guest speakers. Also you will have an opportunity to know more about our resource center and use its materials.
The topic for the meeting is “Why women are paid less.” On average, women in Russia earn 30-35% less than men. Does the whole world observe a similar trend? What are the reasons behind this? Is this a penalty or a choice? And how do countries cope with this?
At the meeting we:
• watched a Netflix video about the gender pay gap
• talked about its reasons
• discussed the solutions offered by some countries
• suggested other ways of coping with this issue.
Speaker: Yulia Chanturidze, Ph.D., is an associate professor at HSE University. She has been teaching English there since 2013. She is also a trainer of the HSE Academic Writing Center, an author of self-study materials for researchers, and organizer of extra-curricular activities.
- "A new format – tea, film, and discussion – is great! Interesting topic for discussion, which involves all participants."
- "I was impressed by a friendly atmosphere of this meeting: an interesting film, an opportunity to practice English, and cookies."
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.