Individual educational consultations
All individual educational consultations are currently held online. You can find instructions about how to participate in an online consultation here.
We invite for a consultation:
Full-time employees from teaching or research staff at the HSE.
PhD students should send a recommendation letter from their supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org 1 day prior to their consultation.
The aim of consultations
To help research and teaching staff at HSE improve their academic writing skills in English. Our consultants are native speakers of English, as well as Russian bilingual experts who have a wide experience in editing English academic texts. During the consultation, you will actively participate in text improvement and will receive valuable feedback on your scholarly texts.
Consultations are free for HSE staff. One session lasts for 60 minutes. To attend a consultation, you will need to register.
Before attending the consultation you are recommended to:
• Choose the journal you would like to get published in long before you start writing.
• Read and analyze articles from the journal to “feel” the journal’s expectations.
• Read the journal’s guide for authors and strictly follow it in terms of paper structure, format, and style.
• Bring your text either printed (double spaced is preferable) or on your laptop.
According to the Center rules we DO NOT provide the following services:
• translation from Russian into English
• text editing after online translating tools (i.e. Google Translate)
• consultation without the author's presence
• guarantee of publication
• search for a suitable journal or a conference
• to attend a consultation, you need to register. Having submitted the form, you will receive a notification confirming the date and the time of your session.
• you can register for several non-consecutive individual consultations when needed; we discourage you from booking two sessions in a row.
• the number of consultations should not exceed 3 per month.
• if you cannot attend your session, please write an email to the manager no later than 2 working days before your appointment.
• after the consultation please, fill out a feedback form and participate in a yearly consultation quality survey.
We would be happy to learn about your publication success. Please write to the AWC when your paper is published.
Good luck! We’re ready to help you.
The university suffers financial losses if consultees do not attend booked appointments. Regular no-shows will be blacklisted.
Following these rules will help the Center provide efficient and high-quality services. Monitoring of consultation quality is one of the AWC priorities.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.