Writers' Retreat Online 2022
All HSE writers, unite!
If you have a spare weekend on December 16-18, join the AWC Writer’s Retreat online. The HSE Academic Writing Center (AWC) in collaboration with the Regional English Language Office (RELO) of the U.S. Embassy launches a new project for HSE academics. You will have a unique opportunity to leave aside everything that usually distracts you from writing and dive into the writing process.
What to expect
• input sessions from Dr. Talinn Phillips, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Director of the Graduate Writing & Research Center at the College of Arts and Sciences, Ohio University (USA), and Svetlana Suchkova, Ph.D., HSE AWC director
• writing and rewriting, reading and reviewing papers of others
• getting feedback from colleagues and instructors.
How to become a group member
• write a motivation letter (250-300 words)
• have a rough draft of you research article (Introduction part preferably)
• fill out the registration form (see the link below).
Make the dates free
December 16, 17:00 – 18:30 (Moscow time)
December 17, 9:30 – 19:00
December 18, 9:30 – 19:00
Format: online via Zoom
NB: Make sure that
• you can allocate your time to writing over the weekend
• you have a draft of a research paper
• you have stable Internet connection
• you have access to Google Docs
• you have a camera and a microphone.
English level requirement: B2+
How do I get accepted? You should be a full-time employee from teaching or research staff at the HSE.
The participation in the project is offered on a competitive basis. Please fill out an online registration form and write a motivation letter in English (about 300 words). Please describe your experience of preparing research articles in English and the difficulties you have faced. Explain how the project will help you.
For more information on how to write a strong motivation letter, please read the AWC blog.